This documentary was produced by National Geographic and looks in the culture of hacking, the differing intent of hackers, and the criminals.
- Lots of hackers like the thrill of breaking into a network.
- Other hackers do it because the owners of the networks are “stupid enough to have a network that weak”.
- The dedicated black hat hackers never rest and they feel everything on the interwebs is public property.
- CyberJunkie was also profiled as a criminal hacker who has been convicted of internet crimes. It usually takes him about 10 minutes to access entire systems of major corporations.
- The internet was not designed for confidentiality.
- One of the hackers predicts massive banking and financial hacks in the future.
- Attrition.org is a hacker website where they post screenshots and photos of websites they’ve hacked.
- Hackers blame the corporations for not doing a good enough job of protecting its customers from identity theft.
- FloodNet is a tool used to crash websites. It generally depends on the number of users participating for the greatest effect.
- The Mexican government was once targeted for political reasons byusing FloodNet. This act coined the term hacktivism.
- Hackers are hackers simply because breaking into computers and networks is fun.