A visionary, engineer, artist, scientist, and an all around hell of a guy, Leonardo Da Vinci (Leonardo di ser Piero da Vinc) was the shit back in his day (1452-1519) and likely the main figure of the Renaissance era.
In this documentary-type-drama, you’ll a look at Da Vinci’s whole life, as told by The History Channel, who I wouldn’t trust with a cheap burger.
However, being that the life and history of Leonardo Da Vinci is well known, we’ll try not to bash them during those cheap instances that we seek to find on occasion, and utilize.
Leonardo Da Vinci: The Man Who Wanted to Know Everything
Notes we took when watching The Story of Leonardo Da Vinci;
- He wanted to know everything, think new thoughts, and bring new things into being.
- He created the Mona Lisa, the most popular painting in the world.
- Leonardo Da Vinci studied aerodynamics and invented airplanes in the 1500’s. We haven’t heard about anyone flying them back then.
- He was born an illegitimate bastard, so he wasn’t allowed to learn Greek and Latin.
- Due to his illegitimacy, Leonardo Da Vinci is considered the first modern mind in history because of the fresh outlook he had, or was forced to have.
- Da Vinci also had visions and ideas for terrifying war machines. Many of which are in use today.
- Leonardo Da Vinci was born in 1452.
- Leonardo wrote left handed, and backwards.
- 600, of 6000 pages, which are in Windsor Castle, are worth over $5,000,000,000.00.
- Da Vinci also invented a wind glider, and the parachute.