The video starts by pointing out the boring climactic feel of the change of the century, and the failure for the Y2K phenomenon to bring in the new Medellin with a bang.
Then there was September 11th, 2001. Which seems to be the key event inspiring the message being communicated in this documentary.
Also from The Age of Transitions;
- Newt Gingrich inspired the phrase “Age of Transitions”.
- Key goals discussed by government rulers, and technologists, are extending human life, integrating nature with technology, bringing in cybernetics, all for saving the earth.
- We aren’t sure what they are saving the earth from, but if we do….. 🙂
- Enhancing human performance, merging humanity with technology.
- Implantable brain-chips, symbiosis, and the inevitability of bioinformatics (the process of digitizing biological data), and cybernetic implementation was also discussed in The Age of Transitions.
- Biomimetics (The process of using technology to mimic the digitized processes of the biological data obtained from bioinformatics), which will lead to the creation of artificial intelligence. This had better result in fewer screw ups in fast-food drive thru’s.
- Robotics, Virtual reality, genetic engineering, life extension, brain enhancement, and teleportation are also alleged to be in the cards for the future.
- The government wants unmanned drones. (This documentary (The Age of Transitions) may be a bit old.)
- Transhumanists dream of the day when artificial intelligence will surpass human intelligence. Biological human intelligence could become trivial at some point.
- Francis Galton and Charles Darwin‘s racist justification for the creation of the concept of eugenics was cited.
- The elite want people to love their servitude.